Question on MRISubject

Home Forums General Help (Braph 1.0) Question on MRISubject

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Clouse
    Participant

I have a question regarding the MRISubject.DATA function. I want to use a double array containing the data for the subject as input. Is that possible, and if so what are the stipulations? Currently, the double array (deform) is 1 row and equal to the length of the atlas. Here is the code:
    subject = MRISubject( …
    MRISubject.CODE,’SUB1′, …
    MRISubject.AGE, …
    MRISubject.GENDER,MRISubject.GENDER_FEMALE, …
    MRISubject.DATA,deform, …
    MRISubject.NOTES,’none’);
    Does the data need to be in a different format other than the double array? Let me know and thanks for the help in advance!

Giovanni Volpe
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,
    yes, a double row array with the length of the brain atlas is the correct format for MRISubject.DATA.

Aaron Clouse
    Participant

Hi Giovanni,
    Thanks for your help. I was able to get MRISubject.DATA running. What is the average runtime for a script like the MRIComparisonWU.m? I’ve been running for about 300 hours on a computer with a slightly older processor. Again, thanks for the reply!
    Aaron

Mite Mijalkov

Hi Aaron,

The run time on the MRIComparisonWU would depend on the size of your network, number of measures and which measures you will calculate, but it will also be highly dependent on the number of permutations that you choose to perform.

This issue arises due to the methods used to calculate the null distributions for the MRI covariance networks. Namely, the permutations are performed at a subject data level. For each permutation, two new groups are formed and the measures are recalculated for each group.

Therefore, I would suggest calculating your data measure by measure starting from a small number of permutations and then gradually increase the number of permutations. This should give you a robust estimate of how much it will take to calculate all measures. As a rule of thumb, the measures related to global and local efficiency as well as the small-worldness measure take longer computational time.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help additionally.

Best wishes,
    Mite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.