small-worldness

Home Forums General Help small-worldness

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  abdigiorgio 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

abdigiorgio
    Participant

Dear Braphers,

I would like to perform a connectomic analysis with strctural data using Braph but unfortunately each time I try to compare groups for the measure “small worldness” the system crashes.
    Could you please help me to overcome this problem?

Best Regards,
    Annabella

#21230 Reply

JB
    Participant

Dear Annabella,

Try changing the number of permutations to 100.

Best wishes,

Joana

#21235 Reply

abdigiorgio
    Participant

Dear Joana,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I’ve already tried with 100 and 10 permutations but the system still crashes. I would be grateful if you could give me further suggestions.

Warm wishes,
    Annabella

#21239 Reply

Mite Mijalkov
    Keymaster

Dear Annabella,

One other thing that could help is to lower the number of random graphs used in the calculation of small-worldness.

To do this you would need to modify the file Graph.m. On line 1442 you should see M = 100, which means that the small-worldness is calculated by using 100 random graphs. Depending on the size on network and the system that you are using this might be too much. It should work if you use much smaller number, for example 5 or 10. Please note that it still might take some time for the measure to get calculated.

Hope this solves the problem.

Best,
    Mite

#21247 Reply

abdigiorgio
    Participant

Dear Mite,

I am happy to let you know that following your suggestion I solved the problem!! Thanks a lot !!

Happy holidays
    Annabella

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: small-worldness
Your information: