Label MRI results in brain view

Home Forums General Help Label MRI results in brain view

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mite Mijalkov 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nico

Hi!

I have not been able to find how to do this trivial thing in the excellent videos or the forum, so here it is:

I ran bud correlation analysis for patients with disease and controls regarding cortical thickness MRI data and can have a look and the group comparisons and significant 2-tailed FWE p<0.05 results in Brain View.

However, I am not able to know to which region of interest it corresponds according to the atlas (in that case, desikan)

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Nico

#23290 Reply

Joana
    Participant

Dear Nico,

Sorry for the delay. If you turn on the labels in Brain View (right click mouse) you will be able to see which regions are significant.
    To confirm these regions are indeed significant you can also go to Nodal results and select a specific region to check the exact p-value.

Best wishes,

Joana

#24180 Reply

Nico

Dear Joana,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Indeed, when I am in BrainView and right-click, I can choose “Brain region labels settings”, and then click “show regions” but at this point, all the regions are labeled, not only the significant ones, with doesn’t make it very easy to determine which region is significantly different between two groups.
    Isn’t there a way to label only the significant ones?
    Thanks for your reply,
    BW

Nico

#24196 Reply

Mite Mijalkov
    Keymaster

Dear Nico,

There is indeed a way to label only the significant regions in the nodal comparison between two groups. I will try to explain it here, however I also prepared an example picture, so if this explanation is not clear I can also send you that picture if you could send me you e-mail address.

In the toolbar of the graph analysis file, you would need to select the LAB icon which will turn on the labels for all regions. Then, when you view the comparison between the region through the View Comparison tab, you should have selected only the label size and color which would achieve what you need. Please also note that multiple filters can be applied in this case, so can view the significant regions indicated by symbols and labels simultaneously.

The reasoning is the following: the icons in the toolbar turn on and off the corresponding symbol/sphere/label for the brain plot completely. However, in the View Comparison tab, the selection of symbol/sphere/label applies the filter only for the significant regions.

Hope this helps. If there is anything more I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best,
    Mite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Label MRI results in brain view
Your information: