fdr

Home Forums General Help fdr

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mite Mijalkov 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Che Liu

Very efficient software. I reached the last step of the fMRI Graph Analysis. I am comparing nodal measures between two groups. However, I cannot interpret some results. For example, when fdr (2-tailed)=0, what does this mean? Why not a value? Then anther fdr (2-tailed)=1.0000e-0.4. Two situations happens all through the result table.
    Thank you.

#26459 Reply

Mite Mijalkov
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for using the software. Hopefully you find it very useful tool in your research.

I understand your problem. These issues we have discussed in more detail on this forum and you can find a detailed explanation about the interpretation of the results at: http://braph.org/forums/topic/adjusted-p-values-for-group-comparisons/ , and the subsequent links that I provided there.

In short, the fdr column gives you the highest p-value that comes out as significant after the multiple comparisons. Therefore, if you have fdr value of zero this means that no p-value is significant after multiple comparison. However, for nonzero fdr values, there exist a region (with associated p-value) that is statistically significant after the multiple comparisons. All regions with p-values less than the fdr value will be significant.

I hope this explanations help you. If there is anything more that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,
    Mite

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: fdr
Your information: