data extraction in fMRI

Home Forums General Help data extraction in fMRI

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JB 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

giovanni
    Participant

Hello,

I tried to reproduce your subject.mat files. I understand one colonn by time-series and region. I extracted (using marsbar and my data) the Bold signal in each region and I found higher values (300, 350, etc..) that correspond to intensity values.

I would like to know what represent exactly the values in your subject1.mat file. I found these values very low (0.0014, 0.00085, 0.0020, etc..).

Thanks for your response.

Best
    Giovanni

#21413 Reply

JB
    Participant

Hi Giovanni,

Could you also send me one of your matrices (preferably one that corresponds to the nifti file I asked you in the previous email)?

Best wishes,

Joana

#21961 Reply

gozdekizilates
    Participant

Hi Joana,

I extracted (using marsbar and my data) the Bold signal in each region and I found higher values (from 500 to 900), too.

I would like to know what represent exactly the values in your subject1.mat file. I found these values very low and negative.

Thanks
    Gozde

#22181 Reply

JB
    Participant

Hi Gozde,

The values are low and negative probably because we regressed out the signals from the white matter and cerebrospinal fluid as well as the motion parameters during image preprocessing. This is a common step in fMRI analyses, it’s up to you whether to apply it or not, but I recommend you do it.

Best,

Joana

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: data extraction in fMRI
Your information: